I find all sides of social & political issues are acting like cultists right now.
They all follow:
1) total adherence to ideology & its approved behaviors,
2) virtue signaling & trauma bonding,
3) regurgitation of unexamined jargon,
4) suppression, silencing, shaming, gaslighting, & censorship of dissent, questioning & criticisms,
5) symbolic gestures & rituals of devotion,
6) idolization of a perceived object of power,
7) alienation from self & self agency,
8) self-sacrifice for group approval,
9) belief in self righteousness & moral superiority of ideology
10) delusion that all else are damned & should be silenced, converted or disappeared.
I first noticed this a few years ago but it really started to come through when the vyrus hit & some former liberals began questioning the mainstream narrative. Many suddenly "turned" conservative Trump supporters.
I know that being called a Trump supporter & conspiracy theorists was one of the ways people questioning the narrative or offering alternative views are censored. I know this because I was called those things & I am NOT a Trump supporter, never have been, didn't become one & never will be.
But many did became Trump supporters or just attached to any alternative group they could find.
I didnt because I understand tribal law.
I do not need to join groups or follow a herd just for a sense of belonging.
I do not need to be validated by a tribe to trust my intuition, to know what I know, to hear God's command.
I have healed a lot of wounding around my need for belonging & for community co-dependency & I've learned to trust my inner guidance & higher voice.
I follow the direction & command of my Creator not of my tribes alhamdulillah.
Unfortunately I now see this cult behavior in every single group around me-- leftists, conservatives, religious, atheists, secularists, spiritualists, friends, family, health workers, scientists, doctors, everyone!
And it makes me feel more & more that all I want to be with is God.